There is a huge misconception that fire pumps are exclusively meant for storage warehouses, commercial premises and manufacturing facilities. What is even worse is that most homeowners in Australia have not taken any preventive measures against fire accidents despite the country recording the highest bush fires in the world. If you are among those people who share this misinformation, then you should know that there are fire pump systems designed for home use purposes which are the ideal equipment for fighting fire breakouts. As a matter of fact you can shop online for fire pumps Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney have among other areas in the country and easily get delivered to you.
Before you go on to buy fire pumps in Brisbane however, you need to know all the essentials regarding these systems so you can buy the right pump for your needs. Remember, your fire pump system needs to work right the first time every time if you are going to avert a blaze breakout.
Here are the basic essentials you should know:
1. There are three ways to power a fire pump, which are; electric, diesel or petrol. Different pumps come with different powering mechanisms, therefore, when buying one, make sure to check the powering mode so you know which fuel to use.
2. The pump is part of a fire sprinkler water supply system. This means you have to buy other parts such as hose, battery, sprinkler, hydrant, hose reels, racks etc. so you can have a complete workable system.
3. They come in different size and power. These include water pressure, sprinkling or lifting ability and engine capacity. If for example you live in a flat where your apartment is some storey above ground, you need a system with a maximum pump lift and high pressure to reach your house. Knowing your housing setting and proximity to water sources will help you choose the right fire pump.
4. The fire pump should be connected to a reliable water supply. You can either get a permit from your local council to tap into their water grid or have it connected to a tank, nearby lake or any reservoir within your vicinity.
5. Lastly, you need to buy a quality fire pump that can be relied upon whenever there is a fire calamity. You should not buy cheap to save a dollar but instead insist on a quality assured product. If you are buying from any dealer of fire pumps Brisbane has, make sure they give you a comprehensive warranty.
When browsing online for fire pumps for sale Brisbane stores have, be sure to check out Bigger Boyz Toyz, an Australian online dealer for a wide range of tools and machinery including diesel/petrol pumps at very affordable prices.
They have gained a huge reputation throughout the country since they started in 2006 mainly because of their high quality products that have been proved and tested to work efficiently for the long term. You can contact them at their website http://www.bbta.com.au/fire-pumps-sydney-melbourne-brisbane to learn more about fire pumps Brisbane sales and what is right for you.